Friday, December 24, 2010

I just fell in love, again.

Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great, how great is our God

"In the morning, in my quiet time, I didn't feel like praying, so I just sat down and talked to God."

This statement really moved me, although, it's been slow to sink in after it first touched my ears. At first it was just a bit of irony that stuck out to me. Nothing important. Then it began to return to me at very inconvenient times, moments when I wasn't in the mood to pray, or to talk to God. It started to resonate with me more and more each time, turning into a reminder to talk to God no matter what or where I was; A reminder that God doesn't need us to use fancy "prayer words", he just wants to hear what his kids want to say to him. As I began to do that a little here and there, God began to show me a different side of him which caused me to fall in love with him even more than I was already. I had no idea I could be capable of loving Him any more. God is so amazing!

Now, as I sit down and read God's words to me during my quiet times, I'm working more and more on just speaking my thoughts out loud to him--to marvel at him, or appreciate him, or to ask him to reveal more to me, etc.--And as I do, I notice more and more how natural it begins to feel. I'm realizing my role as a child of God is not just to do the right things, take all the steps, say the right things, be the best I can be, etc., but to also sit in front of my Father's presence, and to feel my Father's love. Every time I am really still enough to know that He is God, I feel so spectacular, more than anything or anyone on this earth could ever make me feel. God is revealing to me my true existence; Not just his servant, not just a sheep following my Shepherd, but also his adored child whom he has blessed with grace upon grace, and love unconditional and everlasting. And I'm hooked. I find His love irresistible. When I feel it, I can't help but feel so small, and so great, at the same time.

"How sweet it is to be loved by you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment